My name is Julie, but lately I have been more fond of being called Jules. It has to do with the shift that I am experiencing in my life this past year. I am 36 years old, a wife, a mother of two boys, and yet I have had a troubling past, one that has created behaviours that I am attempting to shift.
Julie, has always been filled with self doubt and little self worth. I was sexually abused as a child, and the outcome of that changed how I view men, myself, and the world around me. I lived a very egotistical life. Worth was determined by how one looked, their profession, and how much money they had. Happiness was something that could only be gained from outside influence, it was an emotional reaction. Depression or aloofness were my general companions. To feel close to anyone is a difficulty. I have always felt as an outsider, even within my own family. I felt moments of connection, but generally, I felt that I did not belong.
But I don't want to live like that any more. I have been opening myself, slowly but surely through out a year. I still have a ways to go...but with reading such works as Deepak Chopra, Wayne Dyer and Abraham Hicks, I am opening more and more.....I am beginning to believe that I have purpose. I enjoy life and want to share that with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment