Monday, February 22, 2010
Let there be Cake.
I was sitting at work the other day, and for no reason at all, I wanted cake. Chocolate birthday cake. I bought one, brought it home for my two little boys and I to eat. We put candles on the cake and sang happy birthday to the dogs. It is something so little, but my boys and I really enjoyed it. Each day after when we went to get another slice, we put candles on the cake, sang happy birthday and then each took a slice. And the joy in my boys eyes. They truly loved it. I hope that they will remember the little things in life like that. That you do not have to live with rules, and sometimes you can add a little slice of joy in your life...and it is simple...sometimes you just need cake and candles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment